This showcase event is aimed everyone whether young and old. The Oshwal Health & Care Awareness Fair, on Sunday 2 June 2019 at Oshwal Centre will focus on health, well-being, care and career opportunities. As you will appreciate to organise an event of this magnitude we need a large number of volunteers from medical professionals to general volunteers. If you can help, please register at www.oshwal.org.uk/ohcaf
Also please tell all your family and friends to put this date in your diaries. If you require additional information please contact us on OHCAF@oshwal.org.
The Oshwal Health & Care Awareness Fair aims to promote:
- awareness of health issues applying to both young and old;
- the care that is required to assist those individuals with particular health issues. In particular highlighting the burdens and needs of family members and carers (in many cases this falls on the younger members);
- careers in health & social care. This will help higher education students, undergraduates, postgraduates, professionals and those not pursuing higher education in selecting and developing their chosen careers. It is also aimed at parents to inform them of the current career and development options available to assist and guide their children; and
- a healthy diet and lifestyle including alternative medicine and therapy.
Key benefits for the attendees are:
- Learn about particular health issues
- Have specific diagnostic tests done
- Obtain career development advice and information
- Build contacts and network
- Share and learn from experiences of others
- Learn about healthy food choices
The Fair will host prominent specialist speakers to provide an overview of particular health issues and the specific care requirements. Also there will be speakers who will be able to share their experiences of dealing with specific health issues. Due to limited places for the talks, pre-registration will be required.
Health Advisory Stalls
These will be manned by professionals who offering general advice.
There will be stalls on various health & social care careers, where attendees can talk to people working in these professions and get insights into the institutions and companies they work for, or businesses they manage and what career development opportunities are available. The stalls will be represented by individuals at different stages in their career.
The Fair will also have workshops including basic first aid. Due to limited places on these workshops, pre-registration will be required.
There will be diagnostic testing including among others hearing, eye, dental, blood sugar checks, etc undertaken on the day. Due to limited places for these checks, pre-registration will be required.
Healthy Food Demonstrations
During the day there will be regular healthy food cookery demonstrations.
During the day healthy refreshments will be available for a nominal price.
There will be stalls offering information and other items.