Oshwal Health & Care Awareness Fair
Save the Dates!
Sat 1st June 2019 & Sun 2nd June 2019 at Oshwal Centre!!
Below are details of a mega event being organised by the Oshwal Association of the UK – Oshwal Health & Care Awareness Fair, on Sunday 2 June 2019 at Oshwal Centre. The Fair is aimed at all members, young and old, and will focus on health, well-being, care and career opportunities. Please tell all your family and friends to put this date in your diaries. If you require additional information please contact us on OHCAF@oshwal.org.
The Oshwal Health & Care Awareness Fair aims to promote:
- awareness of health issues applying to both young and old;
- the care that is required to assist those individuals with particular health issues. In particular highlighting the burdens and needs of family members and carers (in many cases this falls on the younger members);
- careers in health & social care. This will help higher education students, undergraduates, postgraduates, professionals and those not pursuing higher education in selecting and developing their chosen careers. It is also aimed at parents to inform them of the current career and development options available to assist and guide their children; and
- a healthy diet and lifestyle including alternative medicine and therapy.
Key benefits for the attendees are:
- Learn about particular health issues
- Have specific diagnostic tests done
- Obtain career development advice and information
- Build contacts and network
- Share and learn from experiences of others
- Learn about healthy food choices
The Fair will host prominent specialist speakers to provide an overview of particular health issues and the specific care requirements. Also there will be speakers who will be able to share their experiences of dealing with specific health issues. Due to limited places for the talks, pre-registration will be required.
Health & Career Advisory Zone
This zone will be manned by professionals who will be offering general health advice and advice on careers in health and social care. Attendees can talk to people working in these professions and get insights into the institutions and companies they work for, or businesses they manage and what career development opportunities are available.
The Fair will also have workshops including basic first aid. Due to limited places on these workshops, pre-registration will be required.
There will be diagnostic testing including among others hearing, eye, dental, blood sugar checks, etc undertaken on the day. Due to limited places for these checks, pre-registration will be required.
Healthy Food Demonstrations
During the day there will be regular healthy food cookery demonstrations.
During the day healthy refreshments will be available for a nominal price.
There will be stalls offering information and products. There will be stalls offering information and products. A limited number of stalls are available for £125 for the day. If you require a stall please contact us on OHCAF@oshwal.org.
A brochure is being produced for the Fair. If you are interested in advertising in the booklet please contact us on OHCAF@oshwal.org.
As you will appreciate to organise an event of this magnitude we need a large number of volunteers including medical professionals. We have had a fantastic response to this with over 300 people registering to volunteer. Accordingly we have closed the volunteer registration. We would like to thank everyone for their amazing support. We look forward to seeing you all on 2 June 2019.