- 20g – oil
- 4 pc – cardamom pods
- 4 pc – cloves
- 1 small piece – cinnamon bark
- 80g – sliced red onion
- 10g – chopped green chilli
- 10g – chopped ginger
- 5g – red chilli powder
- 5g – coriander powder
- 5g – cumin powder
- 2g – methi powder
- 2g – turmeric powder
- 4g – salt
- 80g – chopped tomato
- 100 ml- water
- 150g – green raw jackfruit pieces
- 50g – coconut milk
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add all whole spices and wait for a minute.
- Add onion and cook till golden brown.
- Add ginger and chilli and cook for a minute.
- Add all dry spices and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped tomato and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- Add jackfruit and cook till most of the water is reduced.
- Add coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve hot and garnish with fresh chopped coriander.
About B Sainath Rao
Senior Executive Chef & Production Manager, Noon Products Ltd
He is an internationally renowned chef who has some 46 years of active cooking experience. At Noon Products, Sainath Rao began as an Executive Chef running day to day operation of the kitchen, and experimenting with new products to be introduced progressively with company’s development. He started with a team of 17 which has grown to the present number of 1200. Noon Products produce over 250000 chilled meals each day for major supermarkets.
Rao has trained three generations of management. He has been on consignments from India, China, Israel, Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Portugal, Iceland, Croatia, Denmark, to take part in food presentations, to learn and reproduce authentic fares.
Rao & team of chefs compiled the NOON book of Authentic Indian Cookery
Disclaimer: Recipes are provided for information purpose only. OAUK is not responsible for any adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. If you have questions about food, diet, or nutrition, please do your own research and consult with your health care practitioner.