Sunday 26 July 2020 Starting 8.15am
Ashridge Estate Trek Walk
We are pleased to be restarting the monthly trekking. However, we have to follow to government guidance on social distancing. Please read the important rules below.
We will start at 8.15am in various groups of 6 people only (1 walk leader and 5 walkers).
Starting point is Bridgewater Monument.
We only have 6 groups so we are limited to 30 walkers only.
If you have had or are showing any symptoms of COVID, DO NOT come, please self isolate and seek medical advice and follow all government guidelines.
1. Stay within your designated group. DO NOT mix with walkers from another group.
2. Maintain 2m gap from other walkers.
3. Use face coverings or avoiding face-to-face contact where possible.
4. Use hand sanitisers and carry them with you on your walk if required.
5. Follow and respect the guidelines and instructions from the walk leader.
6. Be prepared for weather changes, with waterproof clothing and appropriate footwear.
7. DO NOT share equipment, like walking poles, with other walkers from outside your household.
8. DO NOT share water or food with walkers from outside your household during the walk.
General advice to walkers
Whether alone, with your family or with members of another household, we advise all walkers to:
1. Be prepared – Make sure your destination is open and ready to receive visitors. Carry with you only things you can carry and essentials like water.
2. Be safe – Continue to maintain good hygiene and physical distancing and self-isolate if you are showing coronavirus symptoms or have been in contact with anyone who is infected.
3. Be considerate – Be sensitive to rural communities if considering travelling further from home to walk and make sure to follow the Countryside Code (England and Wales). Link: https://www.ramblers.org.uk/advice/paths-in-england-and-wales/enjoying-the-countryside/countryside-code-for-the-public.aspx
Once you register, a confirmation email with group details will be sent to the first 30 registered trekkers. Rest will be held on a waiting list and will be given priority to join on the next trek thereafter. Only if you have a confirmation email you will be allowed to be part of the group on the day of the trek. DO NOT come along without being registered AND having received a confirmation email. We hope you understand these measures we have to take for everyone’s safety.
Registration is now closed for this month’s trek.